There are many types of knee injuries that cause pain. Some are from specific events and some set in over time.
As a chiropractor in Johnstown, Colorado, I have the ability to refer patients for MRI's following acute injuries sustained during activity.
This enables patients to save a lot of time and money.
The common structures injured in the knee consist of:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)
- Lateral Cruciate Ligament
- Medial Cruciate Ligament
- Patella bone or infra/supra ligament/tendon
Most often, these injuries are sustained with collisions/trauma in physical activity. A specific event usually causes one of these structures to be torn/ruptured.
Without a specific event or trauma to the knee we have to look at the biomechanics above and below the knee.
- A tight hip can cause individuals to walk with their foot "toed in" or "toed out," causing stress on one side of the knee or the other.
- There could be nerve irritation being referred from the lower back.
- Knee pain is often generated from superfiscial nerves which are often overlooked.
Let Dr. Rider help guide your treatment and get your back to walking/running and enjoying physical activity.
At Rider Chiropractic Sports and Injury we help create strengthening and exercise programs to get you back to the life you want to live.