There are over 1 million auto accidents in the United States alone each year. Of those motor vehicle collisions, 58% of those people have low back pain and 66% of those people have neck pain. Investigations of those who have been injured during a motor vehicle collision are also at an increased risk for recurrent low back or neck pain in the future. This makes it extremely important to get the proper care early on post accident.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU'VE BEEN IN A CAR ACCIDENT-
- Call the police to report your accident (911)
- Exchange insurance information, call your own to recieve a claim number.
- Take pictures of the damages to the car and your self.
- Seek out medical care, then manage with conservative treatment with a chiroractor, physical therapist, MD/PA.
- Do not make any recorded statements to insurance companies until you speak with an attorney.
In the state of Colorado, everyone is autimatically enrolled in Med Pay unless you choose to opt out. This is a way of helping someone who has been involved in an accident get back to feeling great without the financial burdon of trying to get care for injuries sustained during the collision. Contact your local agency and representitive to file an auto claim.