This was the first soft tissue technique that Dr. Rider invested in. Active Release Technique is the gold standard treatment for soft tissue injury and dysfunction. ART addresses the following
- Fascial Restrictions
This all ecompassing technique is a fantastic tool to getting rid of nagging injuries and restoring pain free active range of motion.
The main goal of ART:
- Restore normal tissues tone and texture
- Increase circulation to the hypoxic muscles
- Decrease fascial adhesions and fibrotic tissue
- Perform active range of motion with less pain
Most commonly, tissue under goes microtrauma with repetitive motions of our daily routine. This could be as simple as working out (micro pulling and tearing of muscles), working at a desk, waiting tables, drawing, you name it.
As Dr. Rider assess the soft tissue structures of the body, he then directs the patient to perform a specific movement.
- The movement is specific to the individual muscle
- Understanding the anatomy of the muscle is power of this technique
- The muscle is then take through its full range of motion with ischemic compression
- This is repeated anywhere from 3-5 times
Dr. Rider was certified in this technique in 2016 when he recieved his first treatment on his neck resulting in the resolution of a chronic headache from studying in a poor posture.
As a chiropractor in Johnstown, Colorado it is my duty to demonstrate my expertise in the anatomy and physiology of the human body. Without this education, my practice would be the same as every other chiropractor. That just doesn't cut it.